Duration: 2 hours
Total Mark for Paper: 80
- Candidates are expected to answer ALL questions in the paper.
- Candidates will be allowed to use electronic calculator for full duration of the paper to evaluate explicit numerical expressions.
- If working is needed for any question, it must be shown with the answer.
- Omission of essential working will result in loss of marks.
- If the degree of accuracy is not specified in the question, and if the answer is not exact, give the answer to three significant figures. Give answers in degrees to one decimal place.
- Write in dark blue or black pen. You may use a pencil for any diagrams or graphs
Topics to be assessed
- Factors and Multiples (Textbook 1A Chapter 1)
- Real numbers (Textbook 1A Chapter 2)
- Approximation and Estimation (Textbook 1A Chapter 3)
- Introduction to Algebra (Textbook 1A Chapter 4)
- Data handling (Textbook 1B Chapter 16 + Textbook 2B Chapter 10)*
- Algebraic manipulation (Textbook 1A Chapter 5 + Textbook 2A Chapter 2)
- Ratio, rate & speed (Textbook 1B Chapter 9)
- Simple equations in one unknown (Textbook 1A Chapter 6)
- Simple inequalities (Textbook 1B Chapter 13)
- Number patterns + mathematical heuristics (Textbook 1B Chapter 11)
- Percentages (Textbook 1B Chapter 10)
- Angles & Parallel line (Textbook 1A Chapter 7)**
** Constructions will be excluded
- . Textbooks 1A & 1B
- . Ace-learning portals
- . Class maths blog